Friday, November 18, 2011

I Love Bar Dolci


Whenever I go home back to Manila, I try to drop by Bar Dolci for my gelato and macaron fix. A lot of Manila-based food blogs have already waxed praises for this little sweet spot somewhere in Bonifacio Global City. I, too, fell for Bar Dolci's gelato and macaron, and have recommended the place to friends a good number of times already.

Mae taking photos

I thought about writing my own Bar Dolci piece after having read Mae's review in When In Manila and in her personal food blog, Eats A Date. Mae seems very satisfied and I am happy that she likes it there. It is not too often that I zealously recommend a place to eat, since I am a very sensitive person and I take it rather hard when a person that matters to me (i.e., a good friend, a member of the family) does not enjoy the restaurants nor the dishes that I like. (LOL!)

Gelato attack

Macaron fix

Bar Dolci's gelato and macarons are some of the best in Manila, I think. I kind of expected Mae to go crazy over the best-selling gelato Salted Caramel. :) My favorite, however, is the Ferrero gelato. I am also a sucker for anything pistachio.

I was there when Mae reviewed the place, taking pictures and sampling the food as I watched and munched away. Paula and Badeth were present as well. It was a drizzly Sunday evening, just the perfect time to lounge around. I surely miss this face of Manila: on a Sunday afternoon, there are places in Manila that seem to stop with time, and the best way to spend it is to sit comfortably on a couch and read or chat with friends while nibbling on snacks.

It's also great that Bar Dolci is near my house as well. Can't wait till I get back home in a few weeks. Sigh. Dagupan City (where I spend time for the most part of late) has some cool places to eat and I like it there also, but I guess it will be always true that there's no place like home.

Bar Dolci is here:

F133 Forbeswood Heights
Forbestown Road, cor Burgos Circle,
Bonifacio Global City,
Manila, Philippines

1 comment:

Mae Ilagan said...

wow ate gigi! thank you soooo much!
Mejo vibes na kme nung owner ng bar dolci ahihihihihi!

til next food trip po!!