Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Post-Mortem Lesson 8: A Moment Of Pristine Joy

"People have forgotten this truth...but you mustn't forget it. You become responsible for what you've tamed." - the fox to The Little Prince (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

*****

How much would you give for a singular moment of pristine joy?

If someone asked me this a few months ago, I would probably say, I would give my life and soul for it. Why so, it is because I thought i have become too despondent to think that joy can co-exist with my sorrow: I thought that when one is awake, the other is asleep. That's what Gibran said anyway.

However, it seems to me that I exist in an unusual yet comforting condition that I am being cared for by someone from another dimension, and that there is a calming assurance that I do deserve even just a singular moment of joy, in spite of him. Or more exactly, in spite of his absence.

That it is ok for me to be happy. That I need not feel guilty about it.

Joy came, sooner than I expected. Not once. Not twice. Many times over. It came like multiple slivers of light in a dark room that is my life as I have known many months ago.

[I did not have to give up my life and soul. I just had to open my heart and mind a bit.]

*****

Now a new question arises: How much would I give for eternal joy, if ever there is such a thing?

*****
[I am not too sure now .... but I want it bad, so badly ... ]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello pretty Blog ,

When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

Khalil Gibran

..............................................+++++++...........................................................

I also think this , because the image is clear to me :
" When the treasure-keeper lifts you to weigh his gold and his silver, needs must your joy or your sorrow rise or fall. "

Khalil Gibran


This morning I look at the sky and think of someone very important to me, I just thought: "There are delicious spring rains when the sky seems to cry with joy"

beso beso ( seed of joy for you )

gigi said...

hello again anonymous,


hm, yep. j'aime cette piece sur le "joy and sorrow" dans du livre de Gibran.

"Your joy is your sorrow unmasked....
The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain....."

(http://thelastsongsyndrome.blogspot.com/2009/10/post-mortem-lesson-7-joy-and-sorrow.html)

je vous comprends bien...what you tell me is as clear as the spring raindrops (not talking about acid rain ^_^)

MAIS...

i want eternal joy...does that mean that i will also earn eternal sorrow?

isn't eternal joy supposed to be the endpoint of our lives?


gros calin et bisous

Anonymous said...

** joy is the eternal **




douces pensées

gigi said...

une perspective differente de toi, toujours :) vous etes tres tres apprecie

muchos besos