This post is partly inspired by Charles Schultz's "Happiness Is A Warm Puppy", a pretty red booklet which I received as a gift when I was still a little girl.
My other inspiration comes from John Lennon's deceptively simple song, "Love".
In all honesty, I have not found the precise meaning of love yet. William Shakespeare's Sonnet 116 probably comes closest to my sentiments. But I can enumerate a manifestation or two, or more, of love. Here goes.
1. accepting and delighting on one another's differences
2. spending time on something that gives you extreme happiness and fulfillment
3. being together, not speaking a word, and enjoying every minute of it
4. standing for what you believe in, despite the odds
5. finding color in the midst of a gray afternoon
6. as constant as the sun ...
... and the rain
7. can be found in things both simple ...
... or fancy ...
8. ... and even in places where life is nearly extinct.
9. But above all, love is the reason for having the will to live, give, be inspired and thankful at the end of the day.
Shall I say, Happy Valentines Day?
This is my contribution to The Blog Rounds Love Edition, hosted by the inimitable Em Dy.